Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.




Today I recorded my first ever cover and uploaded it onto youtube. 
It's been a long time coming. I've contemplated uploading a cover on my own on youtube but never really got down to doing it because I was afraid nobody would like my music, and that the "what ifs" and "could have beens" should remain as such in my mind because everything is better left unchallenged and my thoughts and aspirations should just remain in my head because no one is going to sit up and listen to me anyway.
   
I am not the most popular, nor am I the most attractive girl in the world and I know some people out there have it so damn easy. Not me. I've had so many struggles, the most painful one being the struggle with my weight ( Was 70kg at my heaviest, am now 48kg) 


But today was a little different, I abandoned the cynic within, threw caution to the wind and let the little voice that told me to upload my music.. win. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank every single one of you who liked my song, or even bothered to pay a listen to it. 107 views in a couple of hours is nothing to shout about but hey, it's a good start, for me

All i have now, is my music. And the recording equipment I scrimped and saved for so long to buy. I've learnt enough to know that Fame is immaterial. I just hope my passion will be enough to see me through this journey.


Once again, Thank you friends for supporting me. I may not be the best friend you could ever have and I am certainly not deserving of your kind comments but I guess I must have done something right.
Anyone who is possibly going through the same thing I went through, take it from me, there are people out there who love you and want to see you succeed in life. Don't ever doubt yourself. Dogged persistence will take you places.


P.s. You are probably not reading this but thank you hirzi of munahhirziofficial fame for your kind words!(http://www.youtube.com/user/MunahHirziOfficial) We may not have met before and you are quite an unlikely source of inspiration (he does really funny videos check out his impersonation of leticia bongbino) but, an inspiration nonetheless.. Hope a collaboration is in the cards someday and yes i'll definitely upload more vids in the near future! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment