Monday, February 21, 2011

je ne sais quoi

 How to wear a red lip
Start off, barefaced in the morning. Brush your teeth (this is essential. Yellow teeth wouldn't go with a strong red lip)
Apply concealer and blush. (Please dont overdo it. Your lips will be making the statement for you this time) Apply foundation/powder if you have to. I personally prefer a minimalist approach to make up so I dont own foundation.


 This is the most essential step. Pluck up the courage to apply it over your lips! :) Do it very carefully as any smudges will uglify (is there such a word?) even the most beautiful lips. Tip: If you want the scarlet on your lips to last throughout the day, apply concealer on your lips before putting on the lipstick. This allows your lips to "pop" and more importantly prevents your lips from discolouring after prolonged lipstick wear (I didn't do it this time as I was feeling a little lazy :p)



                                                            
There you have it!

P.S. All the make up Im using in this post is from Topshop. My lippie shade is called "Rio Rio". It's the perfect shade for S/S 2011, I was told! On a side note, the cream blush works like a dream. I love it!

P.P.s Im wearing the miss selfridge top that I blogged about in my previous entry. Love the shoulder cutouts!

Now on to something more personal. Just the other day, I was having a bowl of yong tau foo at the marine parade food court. The usual auntie was selling 4 packets of tissue paper for a dollar. She looked  jaded, and so pitiful. There were worry lines etched all over her weathered face. I teared slightly at the sight. This woman should be enjoying her twilight years. Why was she still doing something like this? Shouldn't her kids be supporting her now?

I would really love to busk on the streets, if only for a day. Knowing the crowd in Singapore, people would probably just walk away, but I'd be glad to be able to even get two seconds of their attention and capture the collective subconsciousness of a subway or a bustling street. It would be such a raw experience and Im sure it'll help me grow as a musician. I would then find the old lady and donate the proceeds of my busking to her.

To anyone reading this, never forget the people and life experiences that have culminated to bring you to where you are today. Always remain grateful. This is something I must constantly remind myself as well.
Material things are transient. I mustn't let this sudden surge of attention get to me.

Will be blogging again tomorrow about my Chinatown adventure with bel and giving you a behind the scenes look at tracyeinny's fashion shoot! (The bosses were really nice and friendly :) )Exciting stuff. Till then, keep safe and goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment