Tuesday, March 1, 2011

REDHEAD

So for those who follow my facebook, you'd probably know via live feed or something that I've dyed my hair red! To be more specific it's a copper base colour with red highlights and I really love it!




Please excuse my chipmunk-ish grin, I am just too happy!
Had it done at Next Salon at Ion Orchard, for free because one of my classmates from secondary school is working as a colour technician there and needed a hair model to test out colours so I became a guinea pig!

 The interior of the salon looks something like that... seems as if they are trying to marry both industrial/victorian elements together
It's a pretty nice salon and nice place to getaway from the maddening (shopping) crowd.
I especially love the hair wash area!

I'm glad I've gone red. The only concern I have is the vibrance of the red fading with time if I dont take care of it. 
I did a bit of research online & compiled a list of tips about how to prevent your red hair from fading and here's what I found. Great for people who are on the fence on whether they should go red or not
1) Do not wash hair for 48 hours after dye job
2) Wash hair with COLD water subsequently because hot water will strip the red pigments off your hair!
3) Condition often to retain the shine and vibrancy of your hair
4) Invest in a good colour shampoo
5) Avoid sunlight! Apparently sunlight is notorious for fading the red in your hair. Maybe that's the reason why most redheads have flawless porcelain skin anyway!

Now on to an exciting freebie for you readers! Vanessa, one of the stylists is looking for hair models to cut hair for! (Don't worry, you can choose the style you want and you dont have to worry about getting a botched job, she will be supervised by the director plus she's worked 2 years with Toni and Guy before moving on to Next so you have virtually nothing to worry about! ) :) This is a really great opportunity because a haircut with her would otherwise cost $45!
Vanessa will be doing this anytime from next monday-wed
Any of you guys interested in taking up the offer?
Leave a comment and let me know and I'll get back to you. Alternatively, you could drop me an email at mellim8@hotmail.com :)

P.S. Guys can apply too! and NO YOU ARE NOT GAY if you take up this offer, you are saavy! ;)



Next Salon 

Level 3, Ion Orchard
(next to Agnes B)

7 comments:

  1. Wah tempting... I don't need a haircut per se but should I trim???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi A ! you can go for a trim as well, no worries :) Email me at mellim8@hotmail.com if you're interested and i'll help you fix an appt with the stylist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh its you bel!!! hahaha text me la :) :) a few friends have booked with her alr, following week ok with you :) ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comment to make your blog more lively ma :p But omg I've been so busy with my dastardly AIS project of late I haven't been checking back and I have no time for anything much else, much less my hair. :(( Anyway k I'll text you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update soon!!!! Looking forward to your post on our day out! Haha keep it going Mel! Don't let the schwork get you down like it obviously did me. =_=

    ReplyDelete
  6. (thick-skinnedly)I want!:D (Fern)

    stumbled upon your blog from newsfeed. hello! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi fern!!! omg I just saw this :( I'm not sure if the offer is still on but i can help u check? PM me on fb if you're still interested k i'll give you her number!! :)

    ReplyDelete